Our hometown has amazing farmers markets year round. We try to shop them as often as possible, buying the seasons freshest produce and supporting the small local farmers. This time of year, we see the juicy nectarines and other stone fruits we love in the summertime. Nectarine and burrata salad is one of our favorite summer dishes. You can use white or yellow nectarines, or some of each which is what we like to do! It is great to serve as an appetizer or along side something light like grilled chicken. To make this dish more substantial, you can serve it on a bed of arugula and serve it with fresh baguette.
xxx Ivy & Eve
Serves 4 as a side dish, 2 as a main.
3 large nectarines halved (4 if small), pitted, and sliced into 1/2 inch slices
One burrata cheese ball (we got ours at Whole Foods)
Olive oil for drizzling
1 table spoon of tarragon leaves, stems removed, and roughly chopped
Flaky sea salt
Fresh sliced baguette (optional)
- If using arugula, arrange it on a large platter.
- Add the nectarine slices neatly - slightly overlapping the slices in the middle of the platter (or on the arugula)
- Slice the burrata in half and then tear the cheese into smaller pieces (it will be messy and gooey) onto the slices of nectarines. YUM!
- Sprinkle the tarragon leaves on the top.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Serve with sliced baguette. (optional)