You may have noticed a certain pink drink popping up on social media...no we don't mean the Pink Drink from Starbucks (although that one is delicious!) we mean Frosé!
Frosé is a slushy like drink made of...you guessed it, ROSÉ! As soon as we saw a photo of this magical beverage, we knew we had to try it. We haven't seen it on any drink menu near us so we looked at some recipes online and the recipes vary a lot. We picked up a bunch of strawberries from the farmers market so we thought why not add that to the mix? This recipe would also be great to make cheeky alcoholic popsicles as well. Enjoy!
xxx Ivy & Eve
1 bottle rosé
3 oz. sweet vermouth
1 cup strawberries
Agave syrup to taste (optional)
Mint to garnish
- Cut the tops off the strawberries.
- Place the strawberries in a blender (or food processor) and puree.
- Strain the strawberries using a fine mesh strainer into a large bowl. Use the back of a spoon to push the puree through without pushing the seeds through.
- Pour the bottle of rosé through the strainer to help get the last bit of puree through the strainer and discard the leftover seeds and pulp.
- If there are some seeds and pulp in the bowl you can strain once more.
- Add the sweet vermouth and stir.
- Taste test to see if you would like to add any agave syrup and add if you would like.
- Pour the liquid into a large glass dish or several ice cube trays and place in freezer until frozen (depends on the dish you use but this should take around 4-6 hours)
- Once frozen, break up the frozen mixture with a spoon and place in a blender.
- Blend until smooth, pour into glasses, garnish with a strawberry and some mint and a straw.
- Serve immediately!