We have been in the mood for coconut. What better way to eat coconut than in a yummy cookie?! We found some recipes for coconut "almond joy" cookies and loved the idea of a coconut cookie that is chewy but also crunchy and packed with flavor. After looking at about 100 different recipes, we created our recipe. The main difference from those we found is that we toast our almonds for extra toasty flavor and add fancy sea salt to the "dough" and to the top of the cookies. These have already become a huge hit with our family and friends.
Warning: These are addictive.
xxx Ivy & Eve
Makes approximately 20 cookies.
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (or whatever kind of chocolate chips you have)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (the fancier the better) plus more for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Toast the sliced almonds in a small skillet until lightly golden. Let cool.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Scoop large spoonfuls onto the parchment paper.
- Slightly pat the mounds down.
- Sprinkle with quality sea salt.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Until the cookies are golden around the edges.
- Let cool and enjoy!