We decided we wanted to add a little glamour to our bar cart and upgrade to linen cocktail napkins. They make any event seem fancier, plus they are good for the environment since you won't have to throw them away! Eve came up with the cute idea to make our own stencils with "cheers" printed in different languages on each napkin.
Cheers around the world:
Cheers: English, means "good wishes"
Skál: Icelandic, equivalent to "cheers" or "good health"
Sláinte: Irish Gaelic & Scottish Gaelic, translates to "health"
Kanpai: Japanese translates to "dry glass"
Prost: German & Austrian, in latin the translation for prost means "may it be good/beneficial for you!"
Saluti: Italian, translates in english to "regards"
xxx Ivy & Eve
Linen cocktail napkins - 6"x6" (we bought ours here)
Fabric paint (choose any color your heart desires!)
Our paper stencil (here)
- Print out our paper stencil HERE!
- Cut out each card (follow the black lines)
- Once you have 6 separate cards use the x-acto knife to carefully cut out each letter.
- Prepare an area for painting with newspaper
- Place stencil on the napkin where you want the word printed
- Sponge fabric paint lightly till each letter has been filled in with paint, be careful not to move the stencil while painting.
- Let dry for 48-72 hours.
- Hand wash recommended to prevent fading.