Last weekend we were having a family get-together to watch some Sunday Night Football. We were having Mexican food and wanted to try and make a bubbly cocktail to go with the feast. Right then and there, the Ivy & Eve Champagne-rita was born.
At first we were apprehensive about mixing sparkling wine with anything, let alone tequila! We shuddered at the thought of wasting sparkling wine, in the event that the concoction was awful tasting. Luckily, we ended up LOVING it so much we are making it a signature Ivy & Eve cocktail from now on (we knew it was good when Ivy, who cringes at the thought of a shot of tequila, sipped on hers rather quickly). We hope you try it out and let us know what you think!
Tip: Sip slowly as this has quite a bit of alcohol (about 1/2 a glass of champers and 1 shot of tequila).
xxx Ivy & Eve
Makes one drink.
- 1/2 of a lime
- 2 tsp agave syrup
- 1 shot (1.5 oz.) tequila
- Champagne or other brut sparkling wine
- In a tall glass, juice 1/2 of a lime and add the agave syrup, tequila, and a few ice cubes. Stir until cold.
- Pour the mixture into a champagne flute.
- Top with Champagne of your favorite bottle of bubbles.
- Garnish with a twist of lime.