We like to make any occasion a celebration and the easiest way to achieve that is to add a bit of whimsy and sparkle! We have loved horses since we can remember and pony parties have always been a go-to party theme. These little cocktail stirrers add a bit of fun to any cocktail party big or small, and are super easy to make! You can switch it up and use any plastic toy to top these stirrers. Next on our list to make are cats, dogs, and dinos! Yay!
xxx Ivy & Eve
Cocktail stirrers (Amazon)
Plastic horse toys (Amazon)
Gold spray paint
E6000 (or any permanent craft glue)
Drill with drill bit that is slightly larger than the diameter of the cocktail stirrers (this beaut was provide by our Dad haha)
- Gather all materials together and cover workspace with newspaper. It is best to do most of this DIY outside.
- Take drill and drill holes about 1/8 inch deep in the center bottom of the horses bellies. Test to make sure the holes are large enough to insert the drink stirrers.
- Spray one side of the horses at a time with spray paint; making sure the entire surface is covered. You will probably have to do two coats. Allow to dry a few minutes between coats. (Make sure you do this either outside or in a well ventilated room)
- Once the horses are painted and dried, apply a small amount of adhesive into the drilled holes and insert the drink stirrers.
- Allow to dry a few hours before use.