We LOVE ice cream in the summer and remember our Mom making ice cream from scratch while we were growing up. Ice cream always tastes better when it is homemade and not from the store!
We also love iced coffee, so when we discovered Jittery John's in our local Safeway, we were hooked! This is by far, the EASIEST ice cream recipe we have seen and it results in creamy, delicious, rich coffee ice cream that even rivals Häagen-Dazs! If you can't get Jittery John's (sold in local grocery stores and Target stores across the West Coast [search here]) you can use another strong cold brew coffee.
xxx Ivy & Eve
Makes about 2 pints.
Requires an ice cream maker. We use the Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker with Extra Freezer Bowl (only $69.95!)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 (12 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup Jittery John's Cold Brew Concentrate - New Orleans Style
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour 1/2 into the ice cream maker (your ice cream maker may be able to fit more. Ours only fit 1/2 of this recipe).
- Make ice cream according to machine. Ours took about 20 minutes to become soft-serve consistency.
- Pour into a freezer proof container. We use Tovolo ice cream containers.
- Freeze completely (at least 3 hours.)
- Repeat steps 1-5, adding the second batch to the ice cream container.
- Take out of the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Scoop into coffee cups, bowls, or cones with an ice cream scoop.