It's the time of year when even your coffee needs a pick me up. On Eve's last adventure to Scotland, she discovered Arran Gold Scottish cream liquor. This liquid gold was like Bailey's but thicker, fresher tasting, and not so sickly sweet. We decided to try making some homemade Scottish cream since we can't find it in the states. It is essentially the same thing as Irish cream (AKA Baileys) but with Scottish whisky instead of Irish made whisky. You can change up the ratios to suit your tastes. We likes ours creamy, boozy, and not too sweet. Best of all, it only takes 5 minutes to make! This makes a perfect holiday party gift - or - great with with coffee anytime!
xxx Ivy & Eve
- 1 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz.)
- 1 cup Scotch whisky (any whisky will work we used Glenmorangie 10 year for its rich and smooth flavor)
- 1 tsp Special Dark Hershey's Cocoa Powder (or any unsweetened cocoa powder)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- In a large bowl, add the cocoa powder. Slowly whisk in a few tablespoons of cream, forming a paste. Then, slowly incorporate the rest of the cream making sure no clumps form.
- Whisk in the sweetened condensed milk, then the Whisky, and vanilla extract.
- Add more cream or whisky depending on your tastes, a tablespoon at a time.
- Pour into jars or bottles. (we used these cute milk bottles from Target!)
- Serve on ice or add to coffee.