We love gifts, and we love giving gifts to people, so each Holiday season we like to give a little something to everyone we know. Since gifting can get expensive we often make our gifts. This year we are handing out candied nuts, christmas cookies, and these delicious sugar dusted cranberries. These are the perfect gift to give party hosts, coworkers, and friends. This recipe is simple, delicious, and we love how the cranberries look like they have been dusted by snow! We usually wrap them up in a cute jar and hand them out, but they are also perfect for garnish on cocktails (cocktail recipe coming later this week).
xxx Ivy & Eve
- 1 bag of cranberries 12 oz
- 4 cup granulated sugar (may use less)
- 1 cup water
- Combine sugar and water in saucepan. Heat up until the sugar is fully dissolved creating a simple syrup. Remove from heat. Make sure the mixture is not boiling or it can cause cranberries split or pop in the next step.
- Transfer simple syrup into large bowl
- Pour cranberries into simple syrup, mixing to coat each berry.
- Let mixture sit in refrigerator over night (if you are short on time a few hours will work).
- Remove mixture from refrigerator. Separate syrup from cranberries (keep the syrup to use for cocktails!).
- Pour some sugar into a small bowl and spoon out cranberries onto the sugar.
- Roll cranberries in sugar till they are fully coated with sugar. Add sugar to bowl as needed.
- Set on baking rack to dry. (1-2 hours)